Google Authenticator is an application that implements two-step verification services using the Time-based One-time Password Algorithm (TOTP) and HMAC-based One-time Password Algorithm (HOTP), for authenticating users of mobile applications by Google. The service implements algorithms specified in RFC 6238 and RFC 4226.
Authenticator provides a six- to eight-digit one-time password which users must provide in addition to their username and password to log in to Google services or other sites. The Authenticator can also generate codes for third-party applications, such as password managers or file hosting services. Previous versions of the software were open-sourced but subsequent releases are proprietary.
HOW TO INSTALL/ACTIVATE GA CODE
Go to playstore and download GOOGLE AUTHENTICATOR. Many of us are aware of MMM programme and it is a programme that supports such authentication. I will be using MMM as a case study here, so follow the steps below to activate Google Authenticator on your PO.
1. Login to your MMM PO
2. Click on my page.
3. Click on other.
4. Click on create GA key for personal security.
5. Screengrab + copy the generated code and save it in your mail (eg. T5HGFTY5YVGF45YH)
1. Go back to your installed app then click on BEGIN SETUP
2. Enter account name type……. MMM
3. Enter your key ….. Click and paste the copied key(e.g. T5HGFTY5YVGF45YH)
4. Click on add then you will get a message YOU ARE ALL SET.
Go back to your MMM PO
1. Logout/login then enter your email and password.
2. After entering your email/password you will be prompted for ADDITIONAL AUTHORIZATION. click on GA key and click next
3. Go back to the GA APP and copy the 6 numbers(eg 565656)